Many guests at The Nest in Palo Alto feel more than comfortable spending most of their time in and around the hotel. And why not? With natural beauty and flawless design, state of the art amenities, delicious plates and gold-standard service, everything you need is right here.
Of course, it would be a shame not to explore the surrounding area during your stay, as you’re likely to encounter sights and experiences you can’t find anywhere else in the country. Two nearby venues – Levi’s Stadium and Shoreline Amphitheatre – are exciting destinations for guests of The Nest. One has a rich history spanning 30 years, while the other is still in its infancy, but both offer events you’re sure to love.
Levi’s Stadium is best known as the new home of the San Francisco 49ers, but there is a lot more going on than just football. The stadium opened in July of 2014, and many guests of The Nest like to make the 11 mile, less than 30-minute drive just to see the stadium itself. It covers 1.85 million square feet and seats more than 68,000, with 165 luxury suites. Three features that many visitors want to see are the green roof that sits on top of the suite tower on the stadium’s west side, the solar bridge that connects the stadium and main parking area, and the 20,000 square foot 49ers Museum that celebrates the team’s past.
Some of the upcoming events for Levi’s Stadium that will interest guests of The Nest, include:
- Silicon Valley Construction Expo 2015 – September 16
- 49ers vs. San Diego Chargers – September 3
- 49ers vs. Minnesota Vikings – September 14
- 49ers vs. Packers – October 4
- 49ers vs. Ravens – October 18
- 49ers vs. Seahawks – October 22
- 49ers vs. Falcons – November 8
There is a lot of exciting football throughout the fall and winter, culminating with Superbowl 50 on February 7, 2016!
The Shoreline Amphitheatre is a beautiful, outdoor facility built in 1985 – 86. It is located in Mountain View, just a short 15-minute drive from The Nest. Shoreline has a capacity of over 22,000, with 16,000 of those spots being general admission on the lawn. Over the years, Shoreline has hosted scores of concerts and other events, and continues to be a fascinating attraction for visitors of the Bay Area.
Some upcoming Shoreline events that guests of The Nest will find interesting, include:
- Ariana Grande – September 8
- Dave Matthews Band – September 11
- Foo Fighters – September 16
- Tim McGraw – September 18
- Bone Bash XVI: Def Leppard With Styx And Tesla – September 19
- Beyond Wonderland Bay Area 2015: 2‑Day Pass – September 26
- Rascal Flatts Riot Tour 2015 – October 4
- Rascal Flatts with Scotty McCreery – October 5
- Oddball Comedy Fest: starring Aziz Ansari w/special guest Amy Schumer – October 10
- Zac Brown Band – October 16
If you’re going to be a guest of The Nest and want to attend any of these events, you can contact the venues, or let us know and we will help you arrange tickets.